Quick Update
Greeting from Ouagadougou (Wahgahdoogoo): The greatest city on Earth (in Burkina). I'm just in town to see the dentist about replacing a crown I lost while eating soup at night. Tip: never eat at night because you should always want to look at what you are putting in your mouth here. Nothing is worse than biting a tongue that isn't your own. But yeah, there was some bone in the soup, so free trip to the captial, also known as paradise because of the air conditioning, movies, internet, pizza, and ice cream.
Ok, my phone is slightly broken, after I dropped it likes to turn off automatically, but it functions. hopefully I will be able to remedy the situation soon. If you want to call me I suggest sundays, anytime really. If you are drunk at 3 am saturday, you should definately call, this is the best time because I will have just gotten up. Also my computer is not charging so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this. I hope its the charger and not the computer itself. Its best not to get too attached to your possessions in africa, but at least I'm thankful for what I have. Africa does that to you, its hard to complain when you're not dying of AIDS or half starved.
At the moment, my health is pretty damn good which really improves my outlook on all things. However, every meal is a game of russian roulette, and the statics are undeniable. I'm only weeks away from another bout of explosive diarrhea. Somewhere in burkina, there is at least one painfully ill volunteer. But this week, it aint me so congratulations are in order.
I'd like to put up some good journal entries but I left the book in Yako. Maybe next time.
The weather has turned from "Satan's Oven" to "Regular Oven". This pleases me, but any allevation in one inconvenience leads to some new problem I get to discover. The prelude to the rainy season is signaled by a plague scale boom in the fly poplulation. This is very very annoying, but the worst part is the reminder that I have yet to see a mosquito, which means their season is in my immediate future. On a positive note the malaria prophalaxis has not driven me insane, which is a common side effect of the drug. i think it has something to do with the lithium inside, but I'm not sure (I think I kinda like it actually). Regardless, I press on.
In other news, our group has lost it's second member this week. No judgements, the peace corps is not for everyone. Jessica, super size your Big Mac for me.
I'd like to stress that anyone is free to send me care packages or letters. So far I have recieved nothing. Put the bowl down and pick up a pen you lazy bastards. Or as I've said, go buy a calling card, the number is on the web site that you are looking at right now. Also don't declare the actual value to customs because I have to pay it on this end. You can send emails, but you never know when you'll get a reply. Computer's are hard to come by outside of the capital.
Again, I'd like to thank people for keeping up with life here in Africa, and not forgetting about me.
Much love.
Adam(a)
Ok, my phone is slightly broken, after I dropped it likes to turn off automatically, but it functions. hopefully I will be able to remedy the situation soon. If you want to call me I suggest sundays, anytime really. If you are drunk at 3 am saturday, you should definately call, this is the best time because I will have just gotten up. Also my computer is not charging so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this. I hope its the charger and not the computer itself. Its best not to get too attached to your possessions in africa, but at least I'm thankful for what I have. Africa does that to you, its hard to complain when you're not dying of AIDS or half starved.
At the moment, my health is pretty damn good which really improves my outlook on all things. However, every meal is a game of russian roulette, and the statics are undeniable. I'm only weeks away from another bout of explosive diarrhea. Somewhere in burkina, there is at least one painfully ill volunteer. But this week, it aint me so congratulations are in order.
I'd like to put up some good journal entries but I left the book in Yako. Maybe next time.
The weather has turned from "Satan's Oven" to "Regular Oven". This pleases me, but any allevation in one inconvenience leads to some new problem I get to discover. The prelude to the rainy season is signaled by a plague scale boom in the fly poplulation. This is very very annoying, but the worst part is the reminder that I have yet to see a mosquito, which means their season is in my immediate future. On a positive note the malaria prophalaxis has not driven me insane, which is a common side effect of the drug. i think it has something to do with the lithium inside, but I'm not sure (I think I kinda like it actually). Regardless, I press on.
In other news, our group has lost it's second member this week. No judgements, the peace corps is not for everyone. Jessica, super size your Big Mac for me.
I'd like to stress that anyone is free to send me care packages or letters. So far I have recieved nothing. Put the bowl down and pick up a pen you lazy bastards. Or as I've said, go buy a calling card, the number is on the web site that you are looking at right now. Also don't declare the actual value to customs because I have to pay it on this end. You can send emails, but you never know when you'll get a reply. Computer's are hard to come by outside of the capital.
Again, I'd like to thank people for keeping up with life here in Africa, and not forgetting about me.
Much love.
Adam(a)

4 Comments:
If you can give a "technical" description of the NON CHARGING event (like you describe it to a techinician on the phone)--I will relate it to a good technician that may offer some remedy.
A.
Hello ADAM!
So it sounds like you're having quite the adventure in Burkina Faso! My job here in California ends in two weeks, at which point I'll have plenty of time to write you a proper letter. Until then, take care fending off that malaria madness and explosive diarrhea!
All the best,
Dave B.
Hello Adam!
I am Tyler's father and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the good work, it is really helping us to understand the challenges you, Tyler and the others face. Hang in there and watch what you eat!
Hey dude,
Sorry I haven't written more or written you a real letter. I do enjoy ready about your journey. Sometimes I think you are crazy. Your doing a good thing though. Keep truckin buddy. What all do you need over there anyways?
C Deep
Post a Comment
<< Home