Tubaku na tiddi
I know I know. You haven't heard from me and you thought I was dead. Not today junior. Still kickin it in the Faso. I had full intentions of putting up a real post with interesting observations and opinions...but this will not happen because of technical issues.
To those who tried to call...Thank you for trying. The cell phone people activated the tower yesterday so hopefully from now on you can avoid the complicated process at the telecenter. Don't feel bad if if you couldn't get through, nobody could. Feel free to call and congratulate me on finishing my first year teaching in Africa. Its over, I win. Lets all hope that the next year will be much easier than the first. But right now I'm looking at 4 months of "summer vacation". I don't really see it as a vacation for anybody. The students get to spend the whole time laboring in the fields, and I (with the exception of 2 weeks in Europe) will be doing the best I can to entertain myself without water parks, beaches, big gulps, bikinis, ....... etc. I really miss big gulps.
The good news is that the hot season is coming to a close, and the rains are about to start. I guess thats good news. Actually, the rain makes the very large bugs come out of their very large holes, and with the holes in my roof.... Anyways, its not as hot. Focus on the positives.
The point is that I'm still here, and I'm still healthy. I encourage you to write me, or at the very least leave a comment on the blog. Expect a real post sometime in the future.
Adam
To those who tried to call...Thank you for trying. The cell phone people activated the tower yesterday so hopefully from now on you can avoid the complicated process at the telecenter. Don't feel bad if if you couldn't get through, nobody could. Feel free to call and congratulate me on finishing my first year teaching in Africa. Its over, I win. Lets all hope that the next year will be much easier than the first. But right now I'm looking at 4 months of "summer vacation". I don't really see it as a vacation for anybody. The students get to spend the whole time laboring in the fields, and I (with the exception of 2 weeks in Europe) will be doing the best I can to entertain myself without water parks, beaches, big gulps, bikinis, ....... etc. I really miss big gulps.
The good news is that the hot season is coming to a close, and the rains are about to start. I guess thats good news. Actually, the rain makes the very large bugs come out of their very large holes, and with the holes in my roof.... Anyways, its not as hot. Focus on the positives.
The point is that I'm still here, and I'm still healthy. I encourage you to write me, or at the very least leave a comment on the blog. Expect a real post sometime in the future.
Adam

2 Comments:
Hi Adam! The site looks great. I needed a little bit of an update on what's goin on in the faso. I hope things are going well. I miss you! Take care!
Adam,
It's about time we heard from you again. Great to read anything. Can't wait for the expanded update. We're superbusy here. Take care of yourself and enjoy your time off.
CWD
Post a Comment
<< Home